Kale is one of the most nutritious vegetables on the planet, seriously. It’s stuffed full of vitamin K, a powerful antioxidant that is important to a variety of functions in your body such as detoxification and bone formation. Massaging kale is one of those super easy tricks. All you need is a fresh bunch of this leafy green superfood, and a little bit of olive oil, salt, and lemon. Slice the stems out of the kale and chop the leaves into bite sized pieces, drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and half a squeezed lemon, then roll up your sleeves and dive in for a few minutes of light massaging. The salt, lemon, and oil help break down the tough fibers in the leaves, and after a few minutes they should lose their rubbery texture and bitter flavor as they become an awesome salad green!
- 3 packed cups of kale leaves
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil as needed
- 1/4 Keli’s Polynesian Sweet & Sour Dressing
- pinch red pepper flakes(optional)
- Massage the kale until it reaches it’s desired texture and taste
- Toss with shredded carrot, chopped red pepper, and pumpin seeds.
- Add the Polynesion Sweet & Sour Dressing and toss in with salad
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve
Add Goji Berries for a tasty and healthy BONUS. You can purchase raw organic Goji Berries online at Life Naturally.
Download the recipe HERE