· 1 14 ounce package firm or extra firm tofu
· 2 cups roughly chopped green beans
· 1 cup sliced carrots and red peppers
· 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil or coconut oil
· 1/4 cup Keli’s Pineapple Hawaiian Luau Teriyaki, or Keli’s Pele’s Fire Teriyaki
· sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and begin drying your tofu. Drain, remove it from the package and place between two thick towels folded into the shape of the tofu. Then place a plate on top of it with something heavy like a book or skillet.
2. If serving over rice, start the rice at this point.
3. Let it dry for about 15 minutes. Once dry, chop into roughly 1 inch rectangles.
4. Arrange tofu on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once half way through to ensure even cooking. This will dry out the tofu and help give it a more meat- like texture.
5. Once it’s golden brown and a bit tough and firm, remove from oven and set it out to dry a bit more while you prep your vegetables.
6. To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add sesame or coconut oil and swirl to coat. Then add vegies and toss to coat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. When the vegies have some color and have softened a bit, add the sauce and stir. Then add the tofu and stir to coat.
7. Cook the mixture 5-7 minutes, stirring often. When vegies are cooked to your preferred doneness, remove from heat.
8. Transfer to plate, top with sesame seeds.
9. Serve with rice.
Download recipe HERE